Friday, January 19, 2007

AVG Anti-Virus Free No More?

In PC Magazine website there is a question and video about AVG Anti-Virus not free anymore because the version 7.1 was discontinued on January 15th.

My answer: It's not true.

In 2006, Grisoft announced that AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition version 7.1 would be discontinued on January 15th, and suggested that the users download the new version 7.5. Of course the direct link on their ad is to the pay edition. But they also released the Free Edition version 7.5.



I've been using AVG free edition for my home PC. Around end of 2006, after a few times reminded by the announcement that always popped up whenever I started the computer, I downloaded the free edition version 7.5 but did not install it until January 2007. I am now using the free edition version 7.5.

So far I have no problems using AVG. Although the free edition only provides basic services, but it has the essential features such as regular scanning, email scanning, quarantine, and automatic updates.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition can be downloaded here.


Link to the news: PC Magazine: AVG Free No More?



Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

zuki said...

still using Windows? :-P

silverring said...

unfortunately :-p
the company has an agreement with microsoft, so the non-Window is used on my PC as my personal "experimental OS". and at home the PC is used by all family members for work, so using a non-Windows as the main OS will create hassle to the others... hehe.