Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The tense approaching afterwork

The last couple of weeks of December 2011, traffic was really ugly.  Especially if I spent just a little time over the official working hours (after 4 pm, that is).  I ordered a taxi, then picked up my toddler while waiting for the taxi. And I never got one.  Some of the days my kid and I queued outside the lobby and it took us about an hour to finally get a taxi, and that was not from my order (order status was still "searching for taxi").

Now I'm having a trauma.  This first week of 2012, school students are still on holiday and many people on leave. So traffic in the morning is relatively good (Jakarta traffic kind of good). Moreover I go to work with my hubby--he dropped me off at my office building.

Working in Jakarta is tough on traffic.  Often I'm still spiritful afterwork and eager to do many things, but then traffic slowly draining me so I'm exhausted.

No comments: