Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The sun. One of the sources of life on earth. Can't live without the sunshine. The sun had once for a few years made my skinny body dark (not in a good way), my hair dry, my face invaded by zits (according to my dermatologist, I was supposed to avoid direct sun exposure to my face skin). When I see a photo of me from a few years ago, all I say is "Poor girl... She was so skinny and her skin dirty." hehehe...

Now after years of "less sun exposure" since starting office life, I feel I don't have enough sunshine. I need the early morning and late afternoon sunshine on me.

  1. About a couple of months ago I heard from a professional acquaintance from France that in Europe when they only get so little sunshine, many people feel unhealthy, no spirit. Sunshine does bring us good in our body, mind and soul.
  2. From a conversation about health, I heard that elderly people must be exposed to sunshine everyday in the morning. It means, when we get old, we need sunshine even more. It also means that sunshine does help us keep our health.
I haven't searched for a scientific proof but even so I believe that sunshine is a source of life, a source of energy. Just put on a sunblock and go outside. Lately I need to get out for a while to feel the sunshine. I found out 2 different persons at work sometimes go outside to the building complex. One told me he needed to take a walk, and the other just need to feel the outdoors and refresh himself.

Lack of sun exposure could be one of the causes of "yellow babies". Today's parents do not have enough of sun exposure.

  1. Today's "using as few workers as possible and give them as much work as possible" trend makes people work long hours.
  2. Horrible Jakarta traffic. Jakarta workers take long hours on the road and traffic jams. If they drive manual cars, it takes almost 100% of the driving time to keep the clutch pedal down (because almost every street is too crowded).

Thus the lack of sun exposure.
Also of time & energy for family, social and personal lives.

No comments: